As my boyfriend has been humming its (now highly irritating) theme music all weekend, I decided to attempt to get it out of my system by writing about the much anticipated (or it should be!) Get Smart remake, coming in June of 2008.
Here then are my five reasons why this new film is so exciting:
- Steve Carell + Maxwell Smart + top secret elevators = awesome
- It’s directed by Peter Segal, the guy behind Tommy Boy and 50 First Dates (and, um, Anger Management) and thus a man who should know his way around slapstick comedy with heart.
- The popular comedy series about secret agents that the movie is based on was originally created by Mel Brooks (Blazing Saddles, Spaceballs, Young Frankenstein…need I go on?) and Buck Henry (SNL host, Daily Show with Jon Stewart).
- Alan Arkin as the Chief means lots of Arkin plus Carell Cone of Silence hilarity! (I hope)
- And most importantly, the trailer: